Hi there, Dealers!
Today we’ll speak about Cloud Save.
I know what you’re thinking, we’ve already said a lot about it in many previous articles but when it comes to preserve and manage your saved games “a lot” is still not enough. This awesome feature could not only save your too-many-hours-long game from oblivion but also grant you many practical advantages so it’s better if you know it well.
Let’s start from the beginning: what is a Cloud Save? Well, it’s an alternative way to save your game and store it on the Cloud. Dealer’s Life usually auto saves quite often so you can shut it down at any moment without bothering about losing any progress. In this way though your saved game will only be present on the device you are using and it will be overwritten every time a new auto save is made.
By making a Cloud Save you will take your current saved game and upload it to the Cloud.
This will grant you the following possibilities:
- transfer your saved game from Dealer’s Life Lite (Android or iOS) to Dealer’s Life Premium (Android or iOS), should you decide to go Premium in the middle of a game.
- export your saved game to other devices, in case you buy a new mobile phone or a new tablet.
- save a snapshot of your game that you can use to go “back in time” and get another chance, or maybe just to try another strategy without having to start again from the beginning.
- store a backup of your saved game in case of any issue with the local save on your device.
All those are pretty awesome abilities, aren’t they? Well, let’s now see how it works.
The process is really easy: first you upload your saved game to the Cloud and then you download it when and where you need it.
But if you’re on iOS you’ll first have to check two things:
- the iCloud Keychain service is active on your device. In order to do so you’ll have to open your Settings app, tap your Apple ID, select “iCloud” and activate the Keychain service from there.
- Game Center service is active on your device. In order to do so you’ll have to open your Settings app, tap on “Game Center” and activate it.
Then you have to check that you are logged in the Game Service of your platform (Google Play Games for Android or Apple Game Center for iOS): probably you are already logged in as the game asks you to do so the first time you open it, but you can check by tapping the small joypad icon on the left border of the screen, just under the language flag icon.
This is the Game Services menu window, from where you’ll be able to see your username, login to your Game Services platform, view achievements, leaderboards, and guess what? Manage Cloud Save too!
You can always upload your saved game to the Cloud from here by tapping the third icon with the upward arrow (it goes towards the clouds!).
There is also another way to do so, probably it’s easier and faster and it’s at the end of every week while you’re in game.
As you can see in the screenshot above, you can make a Cloud Save directly from the end-week notebook by tapping the Cloud Save icon on the bottom of the left page. By doing it every week you will always have a consistent, updated backup of your game.
Speaking about downloading your saved game from the Cloud, you can do it from the Game Services menu (from there only) by tapping the fourth icon with the downward arrow (from the clouds! 😛 ), which overwrites your local save with it. Note that by doing this you will lose your local save so be very careful when doing it!
That’s all for what concerns Cloud Save! We hope you’ll find these tips useful, if you have any doubts with Cloud Saves let us know and we’ll do our best to help you out!
Stay tuned and keep up the good deals!
[2019-04-09: updated with iOS details and new screenshots]