Today we are excited to announce the release of Update #22!
Here are the release notes for this update:
- Tons of new encounters!
- The first quests!
- Branching encounters: until now we had one shot encounters for random events. Now you’ll see branching encounters depending on your choices and quests! For example: encounter A can unlock encounter B or encounter C depending on the choice.
- 5 new characters: Policewoman, Shady Guy … the rest will be a surprise. 😉
- New stolen item mechanic: customers don’t know that these items are stolen but you must sell them fast as the police are looking for them!
- Lots of these new encounters could alter your reputation depending on the choices you make
- Your reputation is now more important and will bring lots of consequences
- Lots of these encounters are influenced by your alignment. You’ll be able to be at reputation level criminal and do business with the local mafia while the police bangs you, or be at respectable level and be loved by the police while the local mafia will try to discredit or take advantage of you.
- Some choices will bring consequences in a matter of days because these will quickly bring new encounters.
- Encounters are a bit more frequent
- Huge redesign of cash lose/gain consequences in all encounters (new and old). Now losing or gaining cash from encounters could make a real difference, especially in mid-late game.
- World section unlocked: where you can track active effects and quests. Here you’ll also be able to track all encountered special characters with a description.
We’ve been working on this update for months and we really hope you like it, let us know what you think in the comments. And if you like the game, please consider writing a review, these can help a lot in spreading the word about Dealer’s Life 2! <3
Your friendly indie devs,